Spectacular Kefir Drink
Make kefir with the freshest milk possible and add as many of the following ingredients as desired:
- 1 tsp. of unrefined flax seed oil
- Lecithin, which aids fat digestion, to taste
- Fiber, such as Nutri-Flax
- Probiotics (friendly bacteria)
- Natural flavorings or herbs such as stevia, nutmeg, cinnamon, non-alcoholic vanilla or natural fruit flavoring
- Fresh or frozen organic fruits, strawberries, raspberries, bananas, kiwi, mango etc.
Blend together for a delicious, nutritious breakfast, lunch, or snack and enjoy!
Cool Kefir Dressing (No Oil)
- 2 cups fresh Kefir
- 1 heaping tbs. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 heaping tbs. fresh chives, minced
- 1 heaping tbs. fresh lemon zest, finely chopped
- 1 heaping tbs. fresh garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. Herbamare™
- 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum
- Combine all ingredients (except xanthan gum) and blend thoroughly.
- Slowly add xanthan gum and continue to blend until mixture thickens.
- Full flavor will develop after 6 to 8 hours.
Note: Dairy products combine best with nonstarchy vegetables and acid fruits. Don’t hesitate to add a little Flax Seed Oil to this recipe.